(2) Check Number: On Schedules 5 and 6, enter the CHECK NUMBER for each expenditure item. If a transaction was not made by check, use the following abbreviations:
- BC plus number (e.g. BC1) for Bank Charges
- WT plus number (e.g. WT1) for Wire Transfers
Assign numbers for bank charges and wire transfers sequentially throughout all report periods. For example, if Bank Charges 1, 2, and 3 (BC1, BC2, and BC3) are in the first submission, the first bank charge in the second submission will be Bank Charge 4 (BC4). Use the same numbering convention for Wire Transfers.
(3) Date: Enter the date the expenditure was made using the format MM/DD/YYYY.
(4) Description of Expenditure: Describe the purpose of the expenditure with specificity. Descriptions such as “reimbursement” or “campaign expense” are not sufficient. On Schedule 5, for each expenditure of public funds, the description of the expenditure must contain a complete statement of the purpose of the expenditure which includes the applicable permitted use of public funds contained in N.J.S.A. 19:44A-35.
(5 & 6) Subject to Limit and Not Subject to Limit: If an expenditure is subject to the expenditure limit, insert the amount of the expenditure in the space labeled “Subject to Limit.” Using the drop down box, Click on the correct Expense Type. A list of Expense Types is included in the Appendix. If an expenditure is not subject to the expenditure limit, insert the amount of the expenditure in the space labeled “NOT Subject to Limit.” Using the drop down box, Click on the correct Expense Type. GEFS will enter the total of the expenditure in the “Total Expenditure Amount” field (7).
Some expenditures listed on Schedule 6 may be only partially subject to the expenditure limit. Enter the portion of the total expenditure that is subject to the limit in the “Subject to Limit” field, and the portion of the total expenditure that is outside the expenditure limit in the “NOT Subject to Limit” field. GEFS will enter the total of the expenditure in the “Total Expenditure Amount” field (7).
Refunds of Contributions: If the check was issued as a partial or full refund of a contribution received by the campaign, you must enter the amount as $0 (zero) in the SUBJECT to the Expenditure Limit field.
(8) Name and Mailing Address of Payee: Using the drop down box, Click on the correct payee type from among the following:
- I for an individual payee
- N for a non-individual payee
- V for a check that has been voided
- R for a check issued to refund all or part of a contribution
- B for bank charges
Enter the name and address of the person or entity to whom an expenditure check was issued. After entering the details for each expenditure, Click SAVE. Click CLOSE when you have finished entering details for the schedule.
Entering Expenditure Details on Schedule 7 – Expenditures Made by Others on Behalf of the Candidate (In-Kind).